Interiors // Shop The Look: Hallway/Entry
Last year I worked with Valentina to design her shared playroom and study and recently, Valentina approached me again to help her with another space in her home. With the playroom/study I put together an e-design which gave Valentina the freedom to buy the items and put the design together at her own pace. This time around, I helped her with her hallway/entry with my 'Shop The Look' service. Valentina really just needed someone to do the leg work for her to find items to make the most of her hallway.
The brief was simple - a bench to put shoes on, a place to store keys and books, and some wall art. Knowing Valentina's style pretty well by now it didn't take long to formulate a rough design in my mind. It went a little something like this...
1) Fenton and Fenton teak BENCH with natural leather strapping. Leather is durable and just plain stylish. Valentina has a lot of teak in her room so this will fit in perfectly.
2) Middle of Nowhere light grey MIRROR for that wow factor and for obvious practical uses.
3) Muuto Restore FELT STORAGE BASKETS to store all manner of things - shoes, books, bits and bobs.
4) Normann Copenhagen light grey BLOCK TABLE to store keys, books, magazines, a plant, just about anything. So versatile and practical, this is an investment piece.
5) Middle of Nowhere Distant Waters OAK FRAMED PRINT to bring the space together and as a nod to the landscape where Valentina lives.
Valentina has a Warped Threads wall hanging which can be placed on the wall opposite the bench. I've used investment pieces that will last years and transition into any size or style of home in the future, just add greenery and you have a practical and stylish hallway/entry.
Here are some more inspiring hallways for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy! Maria X
Image sources: Pinterest.